Tuesday, June 15, 2010

WIP Tuesday

Today's post is brought to you by WIP's: always too many of them, and never enough time!
I find that I get so excited about what's coming up next that I can hardly finish one thing, and sometimes I don't, before I pick up something else. I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing.
I just feel like sometimes my creative energy is more then I can handle! Last weekend I did not work on the Zig Zag quilt, currently a WIP, but instead opted to start a baby quilt made from a charm pack I had in my stash. The print is Tula Pink Hushabye. I love these fabrics. I also have a jelly roll of the same line that I *hope* to make into a full size quilt. Hopefully sooner then later. So far so good with the baby version. It has been sandwiched together and pinned. Ready to be quilted soon.
I have wanted to make these vintage shorts for some time. On Saturday, after working on the baby quilt, I decided to switch gears and start the shorts. The pattern is a 1945 Simplicity that I have had for a while. The fabric is this vintagey gold linen/rayon blend from Joann fabrics. So far so good I think. Though I find I always get frustrated when sewing clothing from a vintage pattern because the artist's drawing on the front of the pattern is not typically what the item looks like when sewn!

Thursday I fly up to NYC for some fun with the girls and a couple nights at Radio City. I'm looking forward to some fun times and a trip to Purl Soho!

2 comments:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

The quilt looks cute!

Laura said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Sometimes I feel like I am blogging to myself with no audience. lol