Sunday, October 28, 2012

Getting There

Greetings! I am slowly getting settled into my apartment and at my job. So far so good! Not much time yet to do any sewing but I am hoping for some of that soon! I did spend some time today cutting, and I've been working on finishing up a custom quilt. Hoping to wrap up the quilt this week, pending loss of power due to Hurricane Sandy!

I was talking to my mom just this weekend and telling her how I find it ironic that Florida missed out on Sandy yet the poor Northeast is about to get pounded. I moved from Florida to New York just in time I guess.  o.O The news is calling this storm Frankenstorm and I think it's fitting. 

Can hardly believe Halloween is this week. I think it will be the first year in many that I won't be carving any pumpkins. How about you? What will you be doing to celebrate the holiday?



 Back in this space soon with some show and tell! 

4 comments:

vintage grey said...

Hi Laura! So glad you are getting settled in!! Wishing you a beautiful week! xo Heather

Miki said...

Hi, there! It's great to read about you! ;) I'm glad to know you're getting settled in your new job and home!

Hope Sandy goes away! Have a nice week!

trish said...

Hi Laura. :0)
It must feel so nice to be settling in.
I hope you have a wonderful week.
Love. Trish

trish said...

Hi Laura. :0)
It must feel so nice to be settling in.
I hope you have a wonderful week.
Love. Trish