Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day Tripping

 Sorry for being slightly MIA peeps! I started a new job this past week so it has been busy around these parts!

But! On Friday I had a day trip planned to a sewing center/fabric shop in Tampa to attend a meet and greet and trunk show with none other than THE Anna Maria Horner Eeep! I can hardly believe it! For 2 hours she spoke about her background, how she got to where she is today, her creative process, and her absolutely lovely fabrics and books. It was heaven. I'm still awestruck. Not only is she an uber talented artist and designer, but she is sweet as pie. Seriously. One of the nicest people I have ever met. I left the lecture feeling inspired and enlightened on so many levels. *pinch me*

Here is a picture of an absolutely amazing hand embroidery she made.  She said she strip pieced the fabric around it and then framed it for display. It was one of my most favorite things she showed us. But really. I have to be honest here...I loved every.single.thing. she showed us.





The trip would not have been complete without some major fabric shopping! Our local quilt shop closed a year ago so I take any chance I can get to "replenish" my stash. ;) Right now I am feeling really inspired to make a modern quilt with all these lovely pieces.





So what good things did you do this week??

1 comment:

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Oh my goodness! What a treasure of a day! Love her stuff but have never had the privilege of meeting her in person. What a special time for you! :-)

Love your new blog button. Snapped it up and put it on my blog. So cute!