Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One Dear, One Deer


This is one of my favorite old photos that I acquired from a flea market out in California. I love that it is still attached to a snippet of album paper, with the caption handwritten underneath. I'm guessing it was taken in the 1940's. I wonder where this photo was taken, and yet I am astonished that the woman got so close to the deer!

I hand stitched this green deer using the pattern from A Rainbow of Stitches, currently in heavy rotation! School is keeping me so busy that I am finding I really enjoy sitting on the couch at night, and decompressing with my stitching.

I was planning to make a little pillow out of the deer with a loop on top so it can be hung as decoration but maybe not...what do you think?

Hope you are all having a great week!

No comments: