Monday, February 21, 2011

On the Hoop



This is what is currently on the hoop. Did I mention how I am really enjoying cross stitch again? ;) I've got a midterm in Nutrition this week, and 3 more exams next week so my stitching time may be minimal as I dive into the books! But in my free moments, the stitching calms my scattered brain. It's a good thing.

Today was a good day. I'm starting to feel back to normal after a severe allergic reaction to some medication that resulted in a huge outbreak of hives. I hope no one ever experiences that!
So, feeling better, I took Lola for a walk down to the duck pond. She loves the duck pond! If we let her, she'll even go in the water. Well, she dances along the edge really and only ventures in a little. Today, I didn't let her go in but she was happy still to see all the ducks. I like watching the turtles sun themselves on the rock. It's such a peaceful place.

Over the weekend I actually finished a dress. The first for the upcoming spring season! Photos are coming. :)

What are you up to this week? Whatever it is, I hope you have a good one!

7 comments:

Miki said...

Hi, Laura!

I'm sorry to hear you had this allergic reaction! :/ But it's nice to know you're doing better now :).

That looks like a nice pond to have a pic nic by! Oh, I should totally go for a picnic one of these days, hehe.

And hey, I'd love to see the dress you've made! :D I would love to know how to sew :(.

Thank you for dropping by, Laura! I feel kind of lonely here at times, so I really appreciate it ;).

Have a great week!

Miki.

Laura said...

Thanks Miki. I am starting to feel better now but it was rough!

The pond is so serene and there are picnic benches there to sit on. :)
I think you should definitely go for a picnic out there in CA. I remember that there are some really nice places to do so!

Hang in there! I understand completely how lonely it can feel at times, when you move to a new place. :)

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

I have a dress pattern that I need to pick out fabric for.... if only my sewing machine had a permanent home sewing would be easier.

Laura said...

I actually haven't sewn much lately. School keeps me really busy and my sewing machine doesn't have a permanent place either. It sits on our dining room table all the time. ;) LOL

Miki said...

Awe, Laura, thank you so much for your sweet words! ;) And yes, kitties are the best! :) Some dog lovers can't understand why someone would love a cat when dogs are so much friendlier, but cats can become good companions, too :).

Sweet dreams! -.-

Jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet Laura, your cross-stitch is beautiful! SUch a beautiful day and i adore your photos! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

Miki said...

Hi, Laura!

How was your weekend? Hope you took pics for the blog ;) and had lots of fun. Thank you so much for the congrats on our wedding ... it feels so strange to know David is now my husband :D.

Have a nice week!