Monday, November 29, 2010

Post Turkey Post

Hello peeps! I hope everyone had a very nice Thanksgiving complete with pie, and
surrounded by family and friends. My cousin joined us for dinner and she baked the pie. A very lovely, delicious pie, I may add! It tasted good the next morning for breakfast too! ;)


During the glorious 4 day weekend, I managed to finish quite a few items, including 3 mini quilts. They will be listed in the shop this week but here's a sneak preview! I am really, really enjoying making these. I've got a few gracing my bedroom walls as decoration, and I love how they soften the walls, giving the room a cozy feeling.

Being a Frenchie at heart, I added the French words for "dog" and "cat". I'm digging it!


Something else I'm digging is this oil painting I bought from Etsy seller Candylei. The painting reminds me of my cat Tex when he was a new kitten. Candylei sells her art on Etsy and Ebay. Check her out!

My mom's birthday was on Saturday so we celebrated with this Amaretto/Chocolate tart. Believe me when I say that it is one of the most delicious desserts I have ever eaten. Three cheers for chocolate tarts! I will definitely be making this one again.

I'll leave you with a photo I snapped of Tex on Thanksgiving. Much to his dismay, he didn't get as much turkey as he was expecting! ;)


Back soon with more holiday sewing goodness that I finished on Sunday!


No comments: