Tuesday, July 13, 2010

1940s Shorts

Over the weekend I continued working on my 1940s shorts using the pattern shown above. I must have been working diligently because I was able to finish them! I like them very much but I will say that it seems vintage clothing never really works up to look like the drawing on the pattern envelope. I originally was interested in this pattern because I actually liked the length of the shorts in the drawing. A little bit longer...almost walking short length. Or would they be called clam diggers? In any case, after I cut out the pieces and began assembling them I realized that the shorts were a bit wide. It's not a bad thing and I realize that was the style in the forties.
It's just that the drawing indicates, to me anyway, a narrower short leg. With the wider short leg, I decided they needed to be shortened somewhat. I think I was successful in that regard. In any case, here they are! I'm looking forward to getting some good wear out of these in the Florida heat!



Something else I created this weekend were these scrumptious strawberry cupcakes with strawberry butter cream. It just may be the best.cupcake.ever. Seriously good stuff. I tend to lean towards chocolate desserts but these cupcakes leave nothing to be desired. I used the Sprinkles Strawberry Cupcake recipe that I found on the internet. The cake itself turned out moist and delicious with the faint hint of strawberry. The recipe actually calls for real or frozen strawberries, pureed, and then added to the batter. Same for the butter cream.
Coming up on my project list, a vintage dress pattern and a flock of geese throw. Only 4 more days till the weekend is here again!

2 comments:

cocoa and coconut said...

Cupcakes look delicious and pretty :)

kitchen bumpkin said...

Lovin the shorts! Can you make me some:P