Thursday, July 29, 2010

Designer Puppy

Things have been so busy around chez Swing Kitten that I can hardly believe 2 weeks have passed since I last posted. Does anyone else ever feel like life is moving at a super fast pace
lately? Sometimes I feel like if I don't consciously remind myself to slow down, and take a deep breath I'll completely miss out on all the good stuff that life has to offer. I've been trying to do this more often. Something I've been missing lately is my yoga practice. I need to get back into it. Anyway, last weekend I sewed up this little dress for Lola. Exhibit A:
I found this cute fabric at Joann's with lemons and limes all over it. It's retro and summery. I couldn't decide what size to sew for her as it was difficult to figure using the measurements on the pattern envelope. My little Lola is in between sizes. I should have made the medium and not the large. But I made it work. And then I made her model it by standing on the cooler. Snazzy, I know!


I also made some delicious peach salsa. Yum! I found the crocheted doily in the photo at the thrift store on Saturday. Super win! Hope everyone has a nice weekend. I'm off on an overnight trip tomorrow night to celebrate my birthday. I feel like I'm getting so old!