Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Is it Saturday Yet?

I find myself hoping for Saturday to come earlier every week. Work has been busy and my days lately have been somewhat crazy. I long for Saturdays when I have time to slow down and create. I have been neglecting the old blog because of time constraints but vowed to myself to come home and post tonight. Here I am!

I hope everyone had a nice Easter weekend. We sure did here in Florida. I spent Saturday at an Easter picnic with family and Saturday evening when we came home we decided to order take out. Much to my surprise, this piece of chicken had an uncanny resemblence to the big, white, fluffy guy who visited our place on Sunday!
Coincidence, no? Much chocolate eating ensued on
Sunday. Overall, a lovely weekend.
I was feeling the need to create some this week so Monday evening I finished making some quilted pot
holders. The idea had been floating around in my head for a while. I am happy with how they turned out1 I think I'll be listing them in my Etsy
store soon...though I am tempted to keep 1
for me!
Hope everyone is having a good week! I am already planning my creative time on Saturday:
start a smallish quilt using some pre-cut squares I have at home, start quilting my full size
quilt, and perhaps even sew up a summer sun dress. If I've got a spare couple hours, maybe even squeeze in some crochet time. Over ambitious? This is how we do it at Chez Swing Kitten!

No comments: