Sunday, April 18, 2010

Could I Please Have Another Day to Sew?

This is what I ask myself almost every Sunday, as Monday morning looms and I gear up for a busy work week. Ah, if there was only more time to sew! The good news is that I went to Joann Fabrics on Saturday, and left with 2 great lengths of fabric. Floral print on dotted swiss. Be still my heart! I already have plans for the small floral print.

I hope to use this Simplicity pattern for the small floral; the view in the upper right.


Last week this charming pattern I ordered from Colette Patterns came in the mail. I spent a couple hours this afternoon cutting out the pieces. I am using a turquoise rayon/linen blend to make it up for summer. I have read reviews of this pattern on other blogs, and I only hope mine turns out as cute as the examples I have seen!


I had had an idea for making a scrappy banner floating around in my head for a while, and last weekend I sewed some up. This is what I came up with:


I used a bunch of leftover triangles I got from squaring up my 12 inch strip pieced quilt blocks. Using selvages I sewed the scraps to them and then accented with some vintage buttons and fabric bows. I am really happy with how they turned out, and have plans to do more. In a short while, the 2 I have made I plan to list in the shop.

Please excuse the randomness of this post! Hope everyone had a nice weekend!










2 comments:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Oh, the scrappy banner is cute! I spent all weekend reading (and working Saturday) so no sewing was done. But, book club was fun!

Laura said...

Yay for book club! What are you reading? Hopefully you'll get some sewing time in soon!