I hope to use this Simplicity pattern for the small floral; the view in the upper right.
Last week this charming pattern I ordered from Colette Patterns came in the mail. I spent a couple hours this afternoon cutting out the pieces. I am using a turquoise rayon/linen blend to make it up for summer. I have read reviews of this pattern on other blogs, and I only hope mine turns out as cute as the examples I have seen!
I had had an idea for making a scrappy banner floating around in my head for a while, and last weekend I sewed some up. This is what I came up with:
I used a bunch of leftover triangles I got from squaring up my 12 inch strip pieced quilt blocks. Using selvages I sewed the scraps to them and then accented with some vintage buttons and fabric bows. I am really happy with how they turned out, and have plans to do more. In a short while, the 2 I have made I plan to list in the shop.
Please excuse the randomness of this post! Hope everyone had a nice weekend!