Monday, November 11, 2013

Wet Weekend

Happy Monday! Also, Happy Veteran's day to those in the U.S. I've been thinking today about those who have served and those who continue to serve and protect our freedom in the U.S. I heard this great story on NPR this morning about a man who founded an organization, Purple Hearts Reunited, which works to reunite veterans with their purple hearts that were either lost or stolen. A feel good story indeed. 

How was your weekend? Ours was wet and windy. Winter is on its way! Sadly, I didn't get many photos due to there being no sun. But I did snap a couple.


The mess on my cutting mat. I do love cutting up small bits of sweet prints.  Ooh, how I love Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille! You'll see some of it peeking out in the picture above. It's what sweet quilt dreams are made of. ;)

I finished block 4 of Donna's quilt-a-along.  I love a good Churn Dash block! I'm having such fun stitching these up. There's still time to join!

Hope you have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

material pursuit said...

Laura, I love the print with the white background!