Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pie and Fabric

I decided today that I wanted to make an apple pie. I used Martha Stewart's pie crust recipe, and filling recipe. It never disappoints! ;) I peeled 6 granny smith apples....
Mixed them with the spices, sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice....
Filled the crust...
Baked for an hour and got this! It smelled so delicious while it was baking. I am looking forward to cutting into it momentarily!

In other news, I finished 3 FWQAL blocks last week. I took this picture after it started getting dark, so I had to take it on my cutting mat. Sorry. The block in the back is most definitely not making it into the quilt. It gave me so much trouble and turned out wonky. Thankfully, the 2 blocks in the front turned out nicely!

New fat quarters always make me smile!

How was your weekend? What's making you smile these days?

2 comments:

Miki said...

That apple pie looks amazing! I've never baked one.

And so does that the fabric!

Hope you have a great week, Laura! ;D

Miki.

trish said...

Hi Laura!
YOU WON!!
Please contact me with your mailing information, so I can send your sweet little give a way win to you!! I announced it on my blog this morning.
Have a lovely day!!
hugs. Trish