Friday, December 31, 2010

Blessed Year

As I think about 2010 I recall that though there were highs and lows, I seem to recall most vividly the highs. 2010 was good to me and I can only hope that 2011 is half as good.

:: After thinking about it, and talking about it for a couple years, I took the plunge and started the old blog here. It felt good to *finally* put my money where my mouth is and just do it!

:: I made my first full size quilt top and it wasn't too scary!

:: I spent my 34th birthday with Walt and Minnie and it was splendid.



:: I adopted *one* of the cutest dogs ever. She has definitely changed my life....for the better.

:: though Tex may never forgive me....


:: Harry just goes with it....he knows that he was the *first* pet.

:: I pinched my 14 year old self 'cause it seemed to be a dream when I got to cruise with my teen heart throb in the Bahamas....

:: And made some good friends along the way!

:: I visited NYC for the first time....and I may have left my heart there.




I am looking forward to 2011 as I embark on a new adventure. I made the decision to leave my full time job, and my first career in order to pursue school full time to train for a new career. While it is slightly daunting, it is also exciting. There is no time like the present!


Happy New Year to you and yours!

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.








3 comments:

Miki said...

Lovely pictures! It seems to have been a good year and I'm sure 2011 will be even better ;). Happy 2011!

The quilt looks amazing, by the way! And so do your pets, hehe.

Laura said...

Thanks Miki! Yes, 2010 was super! Good luck on your upcoming move to the states. So excited for you! :)

Beth said...

Wonderful pictures! So lovely to see - sending good wishes your way for 2011!