Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Guess I Won't Quit My Day Job

Well gosh, time just flies! Life has been busy around here. Went on my cruise, and have
been fighting this cold/flu ever since I came back. The blog has been languishing. I guess
I won't quit my day job in order to blog since my posts are so scattered! Then again, some
days I wish I had the ability to blog full time from home and make money doing it.I suppose the grass is always greener.

This past weekend I got significant work done on my first full size quilt. We are heading towards the finish line with this project, as all that is left to do is tack down the binding. After debating some time about how to quilt this quilt, I decided to tie it instead. I did not relish the idea of tackling it and *trying* to quilt it on my machine. I know I'll have to get over this fear of quilting full size quilts eventually. Maybe on the next project! In any case, I look forward to putting this quilt on my bed!

Last week I made a quick run to my LQS in order to pick up some fabric to bind my quilt with. I knew exactly what I wanted and was happy to find they still had some in stock. I used the Amy Butler Sunspots print in green. Well, while I was there I also picked up an assortment of 1/4 yards. I already have my next quilt in mind. I'm thinking a zig zag quilt is in order!

2 comments:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Very nice my friend!! I hope, once it is all done, you'll post a picture of it on your bed.

Laura said...

Thanks! I definitely plan to post more photos once it's on my bed. *Hopefully* sooner then later. This hand sewing stuff takes a long time! lol