Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

Happy New Year! How did you ring in the new year? Me, I was asleep by 9:30.  Just how I like it.  Woke up feeling refreshed and got to work on some sewing!



This is the only handmade gift that I started and finished before Christmas.  This is a mini quilt made for a wall hanging or a small table topper. I made it for my mom and I was so glad I was able to get it finished!


I took various sizes of fabric scraps (this is a great scrap buster!) and using a fabric glue stick, glued them down to a piece of muslin. Once glued in place, I assembled a quilt sandwich and did some straight line quilting vertically and horizontally.   Easy peasy! 


This type of mini quilt is quite addicting to make! I am working on some now for my shop.


Here we have the first finish for 2014! I got a bee in my bonnet about making a churn dash quilt shortly before Christmas. 


 It was quilted towards the end of 2013 and today I machine stitched the binding down. I quite like how it turned out!


This is a baby sized quilt and this one is staying with me.


Can you believe it is 2014?? Anything you are looking forward to making this year?

3 comments:

material pursuit said...

Well here it is 1/3 and I haven't started an owl theme baby quilt using my scrap crazy templates...have to get going cause the babe is due mid-February!!!

Laura said...

I love the sounds of that Paulette! I bet it will be so sweet! xo

Miki said...

Awe, the wiener dog! :p