Wednesday, January 1, 2014


Happy New Year! How did you ring in the new year? Me, I was asleep by 9:30.  Just how I like it.  Woke up feeling refreshed and got to work on some sewing!

This is the only handmade gift that I started and finished before Christmas.  This is a mini quilt made for a wall hanging or a small table topper. I made it for my mom and I was so glad I was able to get it finished!

I took various sizes of fabric scraps (this is a great scrap buster!) and using a fabric glue stick, glued them down to a piece of muslin. Once glued in place, I assembled a quilt sandwich and did some straight line quilting vertically and horizontally.   Easy peasy! 

This type of mini quilt is quite addicting to make! I am working on some now for my shop.

Here we have the first finish for 2014! I got a bee in my bonnet about making a churn dash quilt shortly before Christmas. 

 It was quilted towards the end of 2013 and today I machine stitched the binding down. I quite like how it turned out!

This is a baby sized quilt and this one is staying with me.

Can you believe it is 2014?? Anything you are looking forward to making this year?


material pursuit said...

Well here it is 1/3 and I haven't started an owl theme baby quilt using my scrap crazy templates...have to get going cause the babe is due mid-February!!!

Laura said...

I love the sounds of that Paulette! I bet it will be so sweet! xo

Miki said...

Awe, the wiener dog! :p