Monday, September 10, 2012

UFOs

I've been making a concerted effort to finish up some projects.  And I mean projects. I've got several. I want to finish my UFOs so that I have pretty FOs, and not partially completed, at various stages, projects. Part of this desire comes as a result of my doing a job search and when the time comes for me to move, I do not want to move UFOs.

Anyway.  I stitched up these great granny squares that had been little piles of 2 1/2 inch squares.


Two nights ago, I stitched said great granny squares into a table topper. I thought I would add a little pizazz with a red border about 2 inches wide instead of the white strips used between the blocks. I like the way it turned out. I used Lori's tutorial to make the squares. It's easy and seriously addicting. If I had it my way I'd just keep making great granny squares out of all my fabric. Seriously.


Yesterday I pieced this diamond table topper. I had had the diamonds made for several months now and they sat languishing in a basket. I used a pattern in this book.  While I am fairly happy with how it turned out, it was my first go at a pattern like this and I had some challenges piecing the sashing. Some curse words may have been mumbled and sight frustration ensued. Not easy. But it was a great learning experience and I am happy to get the top pieced and closer to being a FO!


Are you working on any UFOs lately?  Have a happy Monday! 

1 comment:

vintage grey said...

Love your sweet grannies!!! Such a beautiful diamond topper!! Happy day to you! xo Heather