Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wishing I Had Time to Sew

It has been a long week and it is only Wednesday! I have an exam tomorrow so I need to study for most of the day today. But, I wish I had time to sew! I bought this Simplicity pattern on Etsy last week and I could hardly believe my luck. I remember seeing this pattern around the internets in the past and I am so glad to finally have a copy of my own.

I always like how the patterns say Simple to Make on the cover. I am pretty sure I'll be doing a muslin of this one before sewing it up! Not-so-simple. ;) Is is summer yet?

As I was going through some of my old photos last night I came across one that I particularly like. I love the contrast is the clothing that the girls are wearing. One in saddle shoes and pants and the other in a fur coat. I wonder where they were headed together. I like how the shot was taken on a city street. I really like the back drop of cars too!

What are you looking forward to sewing? In addition to some spring/summer clothes I am determined to get started on piecing my pickledish quilt arches! Perhaps today during a study break!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet laura, all the best with your exam!! That pattern looks pretty and i too always adore simple patterns. Oh my that photos is pretty! :) I am looking forward to work on a custom order for a weekend bag! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

Laura said...

Thank you Jacqueline for your sweet comments. :) Enjoy your weekend
and working on your custom bag order! xo

the fabled needle (jen) said...

sewing study breaks are always good in my book! :)

i'm hoping to do some sewing too, probably this weekend. i'm making a pretty little dress (and not from a vintage pattern!) and i'm anxious to work on it.

have a sweet weekend!