Monday, October 11, 2010

Mug Rugs and Mini Quilts

Work has been busy and those pesky things called "responsibilities" have been getting in the way of my sewing and blogging time. Gosh darn them! ;) But not to fear! I have gotten some things sewn. Namely mug rugs and some mini quilts. Here are some mug rugs which are quilted and waiting for their binding. I've been having fun playing with Alexander Henry's Farmdale line. Apples! Chickens! Feels fall-like to me. Or maybe I'm the only one who is reminded of fall when she sees apples and chickens. Not necessarily in that order.I digress. Here are a couple finished mug rugs. These are addicting to make!I am really, really happy with my mini quilts. I started with some vintage cat transfer patterns that I bought on Etsy. Using my trusty transfer pen that I purchased at Purl over the summer, I was able to transfer the images to some muslin. Then I embroidered the kitties and sewed the muslin squares into mini quilts. I must say that I am delighted with how they turned out!
Here is a picture of all three. The kitty in the bottom right corner I actually embroidered on a printed piece of Heather Bailey. I'm not sure I like it as much as the others.... it was a sort of experiment. But it's cute enough to hang on my bedroom wall with the other 2! I love
having the softness and texture of the quilts on my wall. I forsee more of these coming up in the future!
What have you been working on lately that you love?

1 comment:

Miki said...

Awe, these are so cool! :)

Miki.